A brief walk around Clam Bayou this morning shows it’s damned foggy.
So busy doing all the inevitable last-minute stuff, I’ll have to summarize:
- Took a walk around Clam Bayou
- Cooked breakfast
- Went to West Marine again (see below). Bought flares, Hawaiian sling and lobster net, etc.
- Reworked cover for Pops’ new book and futzed with Kindle publishing
- Messed with Nebo app for tracking and logging voyage
- Talked with John over at the marina office
- Fueled up (60 minutes from preparing to cast off to tied up again. It takes a while, and not because we take a ton of fuel. She only holds 35 gallons.)
- Replaced starboard traveler sheet (thanks to Peter for the assistance!)
- Cut end off staysail halyard and tied the new end to the shackle
- Filled both 50 gal water tanks
Replaced macerator pumpWoops! Strike that. Too involved, will stick with pumpout stations for now
- Rinsed and half-ass scrubbed the decks
That’s about all I can do today. But I’ll leave you with…
Today’s #HowNotToSail Moment
That is all.